ISPOR Essential HEOR Education Programs
ISPOR offers a wide variety of training programs for health technology assessment (HTA) and in the field of health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) through its Essential HEOR Education Program. ISPOR’s world-class educational curricula span dozens of HEOR topics across all professional levels. The following is a summary of upcoming training and conference opportunities in the field.
- Upcoming ISPOR In-Person Training Programs
- Upcoming ISPOR Short Courses
- Upcoming HTA-Related Conferences
ISPOR Health Technology Assessment Training Program
The ISPOR Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Training Program was developed by the Society’s global HTA Council that consists of chairs of the HTA Roundtables based in Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America, Middle East and Africa. The ISPOR HTA Training Program is a 1- to 3 ½-day modular program designed for HTA “users and doers” in government, healthcare decision makers, and any healthcare stakeholders with an interest in HTA.
ISPOR offers additional in-person training programs that are 2-day professional development courses on a variety of HEOR topics, such as budget impact analysis, pharmaceutical/biotech pricing, and introduction to HEOR.
Short Course Program
ISPOR offers a comprehensive curriculum of half- and full-day HEOR short courses at its scientific meetings. Information and registration for upcoming short courses can be found on the ISPOR home page in
the left column under “Upcoming Conferences.” Some examples of past and present HTA-related short courses include:
- Elements of Pharmaceutical/Biotech Pricing
- Interoperability and Informatics: Practical Tools and Strategies for Analyzing Real-World Data
- Introduction to Health Technology Assessment
- Introduction to the Economic Analysis of Diagnostics
- Reimbursement Systems for Pharmaceuticals in Europe
- Risk-Sharing/Performance-Based Arrangements for Drugs and Other Medical Products
- US Payers—An Introduction to Their Structures, Evidence Needs, and Decision-Making Process
- Using Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis in Healthcare Decision Making: Approaches and Application