Digital technology has expanded to touch every aspect of our lives and so it is no surprise that digital health has also exploded. Digital health encompasses a broad scope and plays a vital role touching diverse areas that include electronic health records, wearables, medical devices and other medical technologies, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data privacy, medical apps, and much, much more.
ISPOR and the field of health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) are increasingly involved in digital health. ISPOR's engagement in digital health falls broadly into 4 categories.
- HEOR in the evaluation of digital health technologies
- Digital sources of real-world evidence and their use in HEOR
- Value assessment of digital health technologies
- Patients' digital access and engagement
ISPOR Reports and Resources:
- How Useful Are Digital Health Terms for Outcomes Research? [Value in Health]
- Machine Learning Methods in Health Economics and Outcomes Research—The PALISADE Checklist [Value in Health]
- Wearables: Making a Mark in Digital Health [Value & Outcomes Spotlight]
- Looking at the Downstream Value as Investment in Digital Health Increases [Value & Outcomes Spotlight]
- Medical Technology Webinars
Reimbursement Coverage Decision Making for Digital Health Technologies in South Korea: Does It Fit the Value Framework Used in Traditional Medical Technologies? Value in Health Regional Issues, July 2023