Our Vision for Patient Engagement
ISPOR’s vision is to ensure more meaningful engagement of patients in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) through vibrant networks and alliances across the globe. The Society seeks to create an environment where patients’ expertise and knowledge are valued and harnessed for better research and ultimately better health outcomes for patients worldwide. To achieve this goal, ISPOR includes patients in scientific discussions within the Society and facilitates the development of the “science of patient engagement” in healthcare research and decision making. ISPOR is the first research-focused organization to establish formal patient engagement groups in all major geographic regions.
- Represents a 501(c)(3) organization (in the US), non-profit status
organization, charitable, OR a non-governmental organization with a
- Combat a particular disease, disability, or group of diseases/disabilities
- Improve and protect the health of a particular group of people
- Engage in programs, such as, research, education, advocacy, and service to individuals and communities
- Able to provide patient perspectives relevant to health policy, health technology assessment, and/or research and development (ie clinical trials, therapy development, etc.)
- Must NOT be employed by health technology producers (biopharmaceutical, medical device, or diagnostic companies).
Patient Engagement Initiatives
The Patient Council serves as a platform for dialogue and information sharing among the Society’s global patient engagement groups, as an advisory body to the Board of Directors, and as a main contributor to the development and implementation of its patient initiatives. The Patient Council is composed of chairs from each of the Society’s Patient Representatives Roundtables.
Patient Representatives Roundtables
The Society’s Patient Representatives Roundtables provide a platform for patient representatives to interact with other stakeholders and determine how best to engage patients in the research and decision making processes. The Roundtables are held across the global in Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific. To explore sponsorship opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
Patient Membership Category and Conference Travel Grants
As part of its commitment to patient engagement, ISPOR offers a special Patient Representative Membership category for patients. Additionally, travel grants are offered to support patient members’
attendance at the Society’s scientific conferences.
Patient-Centered Special Interest Group
ISPOR’s Patient-Centered Special Interest Group works to facilitate the involvement of patient representatives in all stages of research and decision making to improve healthcare and its delivery and outcomes.
- Patient Representatives Roundtables Sponsorship Opportunity
- Join ISPOR Patient Centered Special Interest Group
- Become an ISPOR Member at a Discounted Rate
- Attend Patient Centered Research Sessions at the ISPOR Annual and ISPOR Europe Conferences
For additional information on patient initiatives, please contact us.