ISPOR members reflect the multistakeholder healthcare community and contribute valuable expertise in advancing healthcare decisions through health economics and outcome research (HEOR) methods. The Society facilitates dialogue, deliberation, and consensus building on topics of interest to healthcare decision makers through its conferences, summits, and roundtables. ISPOR also collaborates with decision makers in the development of HEOR guidelines and responses to requests for public comment or consultation.
The Society develops innovative research methods and tools, in collaboration with global thought leaders and members, which provide unbiased resources sought by payers, governments, providers, and other healthcare decision makers. ISPOR monitors the pulse of global, emerging HEOR practices and discussions and is active in the development and review of:
- Pharmacoeconomic guidelines
- Thought-leading papers
- Public calls for comment
- Good Practices for Outcomes Research Reports
- Interactive dialogue with decision makers through special forums and meetings
ISPOR is actively involved in informing health policy decisions by engaging members in public calls-for-comment. Recent dialogue with decision makers involving the Society include:
- US Food and Drug Administration Patient-Focused Drug Development: Collecting Comprehensive and Representative Input
- US Health and Human Services Blueprint to Lower Drug Prices and Reduce out-of-Pocket Costs
- European Medicines Agency ICH (E9) Estimands and Sensitivity Analysis Consultation
ISPOR also maintains active communication with health ministries, regulators, payers, and other decision makers through meetings and ongoing communication by the Society’s executive and science teams.