The ISPOR Student Network has four committees that liaise with the ISPOR staff and the Student Network Advisor, Chair, Past Chair, Regional Leads, and Faculty Advisor Council. Each committee has a key role in supporting ISPOR's mission to advance health economics and outcomes research excellence globally. All active student ISPOR members are eligible to serve on one of the four committees. Learn more about the student committees below.
Goal: Collaborate with other ISPOR staff, Student Network Chair, Student Regional Leads, and other student committees to provide virtual educational opportunities–focusing on topics in HEOR.
- Provide content for ISPOR student members who are pursuing future careers in HEOR.
- Highlight topics of interest to student members of ISPOR.
- Fill in gaps in education and knowledge of topics areas of HEOR.
- Support the scientific strategies and initiatives of the organization.
- Coordinate educational webinars/fireside chats (in collaboration with the publications committee) each semester that will provide ISPOR student members with the opportunity to learn from established HEOR professionals.
- Identify topics and speakers based on input from the Student Interest Survey, recommendations from prior committee members, and through consulting with the Faculty Advisor Council.
- Leverage the ISPOR HEOR Competency Framework to fill in the gaps on topics where there is not enough existing content.
- Utilize the ISPOR Student Network Canva group to create advertisements for social media and promotion of events.
- Promote educational webinars and availability of archived webinars via social media (e.g., Student Network Leadership Community, Student Network LinkedIn page).
Goal: Collaborate with ISPOR staff, Student Network Chair, Student Regional Leads, and other student committees to plan and execute events during in-person and/or virtual ISPOR conferences.
- Increase student engagement and attendance during ISPOR conferences.
- Promote opportunities for students to network with each other during in-person and/or virtual ISPOR conferences.
- Network and collaborate with other leaders across ISPOR through planning for student ISPOR conference events.
- Assist ISPOR staff and the Student Network Chair with planning and executing student events during ISPOR Annual and ISPOR Europe conferences.
- Identify topics and potential speakers for student conference events (e.g., Student Roundtable).
- Identify ways to improve existing event offerings in coordination with ISPOR staff.
- Utilize the ISPOR Student Network Canva group to create advertisements for social media and promotion of events (e.g., development of student-focused brochure/flyer for each conference.
- Promote student conference events via social media (e.g., Student Network Leadership Community; Student Network LinkedIn page).
Goal: Collaborate with ISPOR staff, Student Network Chair, Student Regional Leads, and other student committees to create, edit and distribute quarterly issues of the Student Network Newsletter, as well as produce content for the Student Network Fireside Chat series.
- Spotlight chapter updates and activities throughout the term.
- Promote the work of the Student Network through the production of educational materials.
- Increase contributions of content from student members from across the globe that are not related to chapter events.
- Report chapter activities via Student Newsletter by regions (e.g., Asia Pacific, North America, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Latin America).
- Provide newsletter articles on helpful tips and insights about networking, research methods, HEOR-related content, etc.
- Cross-collaborate with other Student Network committees to collect the latest news (e.g., survey results, webinars, student conference events).
- Post about the release of newsletters and highlight articles from each issue in social media outlets (e.g., Student Network Leadership Community, Student Network LinkedIn page).
- Cross-collaborate with other Student Network committees and ISPOR groups to create content for the Student Network Fireside Chat series.
- Network with and cross-promote other ISPOR publications (e.g., work with ISPOR staff and Student Network Chair on student "By The Numbers" columns for Value & Outcomes Spotlight).
Goal: Collaborate with ISPOR staff, Student Network Chair, Student Regional Leads, and other ISPOR leaders to design, test, implement, and evaluate annual and biennial surveys for distribution to student members and chapter presidents.
- Better understand the students that we are serving (e.g., the regions/countries they represent, their academic background, their level of engagement with the Student Network and ISPOR as a whole).
- Capture student interest areas to drive the production of more relevant and resourceful content (e.g., webinars, fireside chats).
- Evaluate current student member benefits to help ISPOR staff tailor organizational offerings to better meet the needs of students.
- Conduct data analysis to utilize the information to aid ISPOR staff in developing improvements or enhancements of existing ISPOR Student Network activities.
- Share relevant results with appropriate ISPOR committees and Regional Leads to help inform their activities.
- Promote the release of surveys via social media (e.g., Student Network Leadership Community, Student Network LinkedIn page).
- Analyze and compare data from past student surveys for trends.
- Work with Publications committee to submit survey results in the quarterly Student Newsletter.
- Present survey results at the ISPOR Annual conference and possibly ISPOR Europe conference, as relevant.