The following editorial rules and regulations were established to ensure that Value & Outcomes Spotlight serves as a scholarly, informative, and unbiased publication for the benefit of ISPOR members around the world.
- All submissions are to be original contributions. Certain exceptions will apply as determined by the editorial staff.
- All submissions are subject to editorial review. Submission of an article or column to Value & Outcomes Spotlight does not guarantee its publication.
- "Opinions" or "Letter to the Editor" submissions may be edited for space, grammar, and clarity, but NOT to in any way alter the overall content or context of the submission.
- No overt or implied bias or advertisement for any commercial enterprise will be allowed within the editorial pages of this publication. All advertisements are purchased and are located in a separate, readily identifiable section of Value & Outcomes Spotlight.
- The Editor will accept submissions in the forms of original authored articles and columns, on subjects of interest and relevance to the discipline; and summary opinions and synopses of published works, etc.
- All synopses, summaries of previously published works, or references must be properly sourced. They should be listed and numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals in the order in which they are cited in the text. Reference style should follow that of Index Medicus.
- All submissions must be in Microsoft Word (version 5.0 or later), double-spaced, approximately 1500 words, and contain only limited formatting. Limited tables, figures, photos (properly captioned), and references (limited) are strongly encouraged.
- All submissions must contain the author/submitter's name, credentials, title, company or affiliation, and email address.
- Articles are submitted via the ISPOR website with a completed Value & Outcomes Spotlight Article Submission Form. View a sample of a correctly submitted article here.