Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—November 1, 2021—ISPOR—The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) announced the recipients of its 2020 and 2021 HEOR Scientific and Leadership Awards and the upcoming Virtual Awards Ceremony to recognize the awardees. ISPOR Scientific Awards are designed to foster and recognize excellence and outstanding achievement in HEOR and its Leadership Awards recognize excellence and outstanding leadership in the field. Two years of honorees are being announced as the pandemic delayed the selection of awardees during 2020.
Avedis Donabedian Lifetime Achievement Award
The Avedis Donabedian Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes honorees for their outstanding, life-long contribution to the improvement of health outcomes.
- 2020: Barend (Ben) A. van Hout, PhD; University of Sheffield; Sheffield, England, UK
- 2021: Joseph C. Cappelleri, PhD, MPH, MS; Pfizer Inc, Groton, CT, USA
Marilyn Dix Smith Leadership Award
This award recognizes a leader who has shown consistent, broad, and meaningful direction to the Society.
- 2021: Zoltán Kaló, PhD, MD; Syreon Research Institute; Budapest, Hungary
Bernie O’Brien New Investigator Award
The Bernie O’Brien New Investigator Award is given to an individual who has shown evidence of exceptional promise based on their emerging body of technical and scholarly work in the field of health economics and outcomes research.
- 2020: Aasthaa Bansal, PhD; University of Washington; Seattle, WA, USA
- 2021: William Padula, PhD, MS, MSc; University of Southern California; Los Angeles, CA, USA
LMIC Health Economics and Outcomes Research Excellence Award
The new Low- and Middle-Income Countries (LMIC) Health Economics and Outcomes Research Excellence Award recognizes individuals in LMICs with demonstrated outstanding HEOR achievements. The award began recognizing honorees in 2021.
- 2021: Samer Kharroubi, PhD; American University of Beirut; Beirut, Lebanon
Award for Excellence in Health Economics and Outcomes Research Methodology
The Award for Excellence in Health Economics and Outcomes Research Methodology recognizes honorees for their outstanding research in the field of health economics and outcomes research methodology.
- 2020: Gregory S. Zaric, PhD and Gregory J. Critchley; Ivey Business School; Ontario, Canada; “The impact of pharmaceutical marketing on market access, treatment coverage, pricing and social welfare”
- 2021: Darius Lakdawalla, PhD; University of Southern California; Los Angeles, CA, USA; “Health technology assessment with risk aversion in health”
Award for Excellence in Health Economics and Outcomes Research Application
The Award for Excellence in Health Economics and Outcomes Research Application recognizes honorees for their outstanding practical application of health economics and outcomes research in healthcare decision making.
- 2020: Ravishankar Jayadevappa, PhD; University of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, PA, USA; “Patient-Centered Preference Assessment to Improve Satisfaction With Care Among Patients With Localized Prostate Cancer: A Randomized Controlled Trial, Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2019”
- 2021: Beth Devine, PhD, MBA, PharmD; University of Washington; Seattle, WA, USA; “Online tools to synthesize real-world evidence of comparative effectiveness research to enhance formulary decision making”
Value in Health Paper of the Year Award
The outstanding research papers for Value in Health in 2020 and 2021 are:
Nominations for the 2022 ISPOR HEOR Scientific and Leadership Awards are now open. Additional information can be found here.
ISPOR Virtual HEOR Awards Ceremony
The awardees will be honored at the upcoming Virtual Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, December 7, 2021 10:00AM - 11:00AM EST. Registration for the event can be found here.
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Website | LinkedIn | Twitter (@ispororg) | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram
ABOUT VALUE IN HEALTH
Value in Health (ISSN 1098-3015) is an international, indexed journal that publishes original research and health policy articles that advance the field of health economics and outcomes research to help healthcare leaders make evidence-based decisions. The journal’s 2020 impact factor score is 5.725 and its 5-year impact factor score is 6.932. Value in Health is ranked 4th of 98 journals in health policy and services, 9th of 108 journals in healthcare sciences and services, and 24th of 376 journals in economics. Value in Health is a monthly publication that circulates to more than 10,000 readers around the world.
Website | Twitter (@isporjournals)
ABOUT VALUE IN HEALTH REGIONAL ISSUES
Value in Health Regional Issues (ISSN 2212-1099) is ISPOR’s online, MEDLINE®-indexed journal that publishes articles on health-related topics that impact the health policies and populations in the following regions: 1) Asia; 2) Central and Eastern Europe, Western Asia, and Africa; and 3) Latin America.
Website | Twitter (@isporjournals)