HEOR Awards Recognize Excellence and Outstanding Achievement in the Field
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—October 3, 2023—ISPOR—The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research announced today the recipients of its 2023 Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Scientific and Leadership Awards.
ISPOR Scientific Awards are designed to foster and recognize excellence and outstanding achievement in HEOR and its Leadership Awards recognize excellence and outstanding leadership in the field. The Society will be hosting an HEOR Awards Celebration at ISPOR Europe 2023 on Monday, 13 November to recognize the honorees.
The 2023 HEOR Award honorees include:
Avedis Donabedian Lifetime Achievement Award
This award recognizes honorees for their outstanding, life-long contribution to the improvement of health outcomes. The 2023 honoree is:
- Charles Phelps, PhD; University Professor and Provost Emeritus, University of Rochester; Pittsford, NY, USA
Marilyn Dix Smith Leadership Award
This award recognizes a leader who has shown consistent, broad, and meaningful direction to the Society. The 2023 honoree is:
- Shelby D. Reed, PhD; Professor, Duke University; Durham, NC, USA
Bernie O’Brien New Investigator Award
This award is given to an individual who has shown evidence of exceptional promise based on their emerging body of technical and scholarly work in the field of HEOR. The 2023 honoree is:
- Jessica Roydhouse, PhD; Select Foundation Senior Research Fellow in Health Services Research, Menzies Institute for Medical Research, University of Tasmania; Tasmania, Australia
LMIC Health Economics and Outcomes Research Excellence Award
This award recognizes individuals in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) with demonstrated outstanding HEOR achievements. The 2023 honoree is:
- Bach Xuan Tran, PhD; Vice Head of Department of Health Economics, Hanoi Medical University; Hanoi, Vietnam
Award for Excellence in Health Economics and Outcomes Research Methodology
This award recognizes honorees for their outstanding research in the field of HEOR methodology. The 2023 honoree is:
- “Reproducibility of real-world evidence studies using clinical practice data to inform regulatory and coverage decisions;” Shirley V Wang, PhD; Associate Professor, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School; Boston, MA, USA, [Nat Commun. 2022; 13(1): 5126]
Award for Excellence in Health Economics and Outcomes Research Application
This award recognizes honorees for their outstanding practical application of HEOR in healthcare decision making. The 2023 honoree is:
- “Developing and validating a machine-learning algorithm to predict opioid overdose in Medicaid beneficiaries in two US states: a prognostic modelling study;” Wei-Hsuan Lo-Ciganic, PhD; Associate Professor, University of Florida Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes & Policy; Gainesville, FL, USA, [Lancet Digit Health. 2022; 4(6): e455–e465]
Value in Health Paper of the Year Award
The outstanding research paper for Value in Health is:
- “The History and Future of the ‘ISPOR Value Flower’: Addressing Limitations of Conventional Cost-Effectiveness Analysis;” Peter J Neumann, ScD; Director, Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health, Tufts Medical Center; Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine; Boston, MA, USA, [Value Health. 2022; 25(4): 558–565]
Value in Health Regional Issues Excellent Article Award
The excellent article honored for Value in Health Regional Issues is:
- “Developing a New Region-Specific Preference-Based Measure in East and Southeast Asia;” Takeru Shiroiwa, PhD; National Institute of Public Health Center for Outcomes Research and Economic Evaluation for Health; Saitama, Japan, [Value Health Reg Issues. 2022; 32: 62-69]
ISPOR—The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Website | LinkedIn | Twitter (@ispororg) | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram
ABOUT VALUE IN HEALTH
Value in Health (ISSN 1098-3015) is an international, indexed journal that publishes original research and health policy articles that advance the field of health economics and outcomes research to help healthcare leaders make evidence-based decisions. The journal’s 2022 impact factor score is 4.5 and its 5-year impact factor score is 6.2. Value in Health is ranked 8th of 87 journals in health policy and services, 21st of 105 journals in healthcare sciences and services, and 69th of 380 journals in economics. Value in Health is a monthly publication that circulates to more than 10,000 readers around the world.
Website | Twitter (@isporjournals)
ABOUT VALUE IN HEALTH REGIONAL ISSUES
Value in Health Regional Issues (ISSN 2212-1099) is ISPOR’s online, MEDLINE®-indexed journal that publishes articles on health-related topics that impact the health policies and populations in the following regions: 1) Asia; 2) Central and Eastern Europe, Western Asia, and Africa; and 3) Latin America. Value in Health Regional Issues is indexed in PubMed/MEDLINE®, the Web of Science, and many other top scientific databases. The journal’s 2022 impact factor score is 2.0.
Website | Twitter (@isporjournals)