2019 Chapter Activities
The chapter organized the following activities during 2019:
1) The 11th Asia Huaxia Pharmacoeconomics Forum - June 2019. Details can be found here.
2) Generating Real-World Evidence (RWE) from Real-World Data (RWD): Lessons We Have Learned - August 2019. Details can be found here.
3) Horizon Scanning Symposium - October 2019. Details can be found here.
4) Workshop of health utility applications—How to use Taiwan EQ-5D-5L value set to promote the impacts of pharmacoeconomics and outcomes research?” Details can be found here.
“How to Accelerate New Drug Entry Process for Cancer Patients in Taiwan” - June
Taiwan Chapter invited 4 speakers to share their experiences and discussed current Taiwan real-world implementation status and reimbursement challenges of oncology new drugs. For details visit TaSPOR.
“The 10th Asia Huaxia Pharmacoeconomics Forum” - June
Approximate 33 Taiwanese attendees from industry, academic, and government agencies joined the Forum in Tianjin. Two speeches were provided by Taiwan Chapter by Professor Tony Tarn and Professor C.J. Chang.
“Multiple-Criteria Decision Analysis Workshop” - August
This workshop drew 80 attendees from government officers and academia to learn multiple-criteria decision analysis and discussed its application of decision-making. For details visit TaSPOR.
“Biosimilar Symposium” - November
Taiwan Chapter invited 4 speakers to share their experiences and discuss biosimilars from the physician, NHIA, and pharmacists/hospital procurement perspective.
ISPOR 8th Asia-Pacific Conference ” - Japan, 8-11 September, 2018
Approximate 60 chapter members/colleagues from Taiwan participated in the 2018 ISPOR 8th Asia-Pacific Conference in Tokyo, Japan
First Executive Board Meeting
ISPOR Taiwan Chapter held their first executive board meeting for the
newly elected board members. Picture is featured on the right side of
For more information, please visit http://www.taspor.org.tw/.
Annual Meeting and TaSPOR 8th Leader Team Election
Professor Lee Po-Chang, the Director-General of National Health Insurance Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare in Taiwan made a presentation on “Healthcare Reform to Reshape the Medical Environment.”
9th Huaxia Pharmacoeconomics Forum
42 Taiwanese attendees from industry, academy, and government agencies joined the forum in Guangzhou. Two speeches were provided by Taiwan Chapter.
- What to Hear from Patients in HTA Process-Taiwan Examples (Professor Tony Tarn)
- How to Apply Health Economic Evidences in Decision Making Process? (Professor CJ Chang)
For details, visit TaSPOR.
Chapters Dialogue: New Drug Reimbursement and Health Technology Assessment
June 12, 2017
Approximately 30 chapter members from Taiwan and 50 chapter members from Japan participated in the Chapters Dialogue in Tokyo, Japan. This was a well opportunity to share the reimbursement schemes as well as the HTA roles in Japan and in Taiwan. Four sections in two topics were organized, including
Topic I: New drug reimbursement and related financial scheme in the insurance system
- Healthcare system introduction
- Reimbursement challenges and financial barriers
Topic II: The role of HTA in the health insurance system
- Current implementation of HTA
- Future trend and expectation on HTA
For details, visit TaSPOR.
Taiwan Regional Chapter Office
c/o Bor-Sheng Ko, MD, PhD
National Taiwan University Hospital
|President||Bor-Sheng (Kevin), Ko|
|Secretary||Fang-Ju (Irene), Lin|
|Vice Secretary ||Hsiao-yun (Helen), Lin|