Antimicrobial Resistance Training Held in Mongolia Held
21 June 2019
ISPOR Mongolia Chapter organized a 1-day training, “Appropriate Use of Medicines, Control, and Prevention of Antimicrobial Resistance,” for health professionals, decision-makers, and academic faculty in the health sector of Mongolia. The training was organized on 21 June 2019 and at the conference hall, Shastin State Third Central Hospital of Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar City, Mongolia. More than 30 members participated, including representatives from public and private organizations, the Ministry of Health, Mongolia, State Health Insurance, General Agency for Specialized Inspection, Mongolian National University, and many more. Members of the training identified challenges in current health practice, specifically in relation to effectiveness and safety of locally produced antibiotics, and emphasized the need for further training and evidence in the field of cost-effectiveness of locally produced and imported medicines, cost-utilization of medicines, antibiotic consumption, antimicrobial resistance, health system research, and international best practices around the world.
Furthermore, ISPOR Mongolia Chapter informed about results of antimicrobial consumption surveys and distributed information among relevant health professionals. The training was supported by the Shastin State Third Central Hospital of Mongolia, Mongolian National University of Medical Sciences, Mongolian University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mongolian Association of Pharmacists and Mongolian Association of Hospital Pharmacists.
Training on Pharmacoeconomics Held in Mongolia
18 September 2018
ISPOR Chapter Mongolia organized a one-day training, “A Training on Pharmacoeconomic Studies and Health System Outcomes Research for Academic Faculty Members, Professionals in the Health Sector of Mongolia,” for health professionals, decision makers, and academic faculty in the health sector of Mongolia. The training was organized on 18 September 2018 and was held at the Springs Hotel, 2A Olympic Street, Sukhbaatar District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. The training invited guest speakers from various institutions, including Professor Ganbat Byambaa, PhD, MPH, MD, president,ISPOR Mongolia Chapter, Health Department of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, Professor Altaisakhan Khasag, MD, MPH, PhD, ISPOR Mongolia Chapter, School of Medicine, Mongolian National University of Medical Sciences, Professor Tsetsegmaa Sanjjav, PhD, ISPOR Mongolia Chapter Mongolian National University of Medical Sciences, Gantuya Dorj, PhD, MPH, MD, ISPOR Mongolia Chapter, Mongolian National University of Medical Sciences.
More than 20 members participated and representatives from both public and private organizations, such as Ministry of Health, Health Insurance Office, Public Health Institution, School of Pharmacy, School of Medicine, School of Biomedicine, School of Public Health, Mongol
National University of Medical Sciences, Mongolian University of
Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mongolian University of Finance, Mongolia, as
well as pharmaceutical industries (Monos – drug wholesaling company),
retail pharmacies (private), Achtan eji
hospital (private) were in attendance. In addition, non-health
professionals including directors of finance departments of hospitals,
private drug wholesaling companies and retail pharmacies attended the
Members of the training exchanged ideas and experiences and emphasized the need for further training and information sharing in the field of pharmacoeconomics, health system research and international best practices around the world. As most participants agreed, training and educational activities regarding research methodologies and evidence-based data collection were on-demand.
“Pharmacoeconomic analysis, Outcomes Research for Health Professionals, Decision-makers in the Pharmaceutical System of Mongolia" Workshop
New! The ISPOR Mongolia Chapter organized a one-day workshop entitled “Pharmacoeconomic analysis, Outcomes Research for Health Professionals, Decision-makers in the Pharmaceutical System of Mongolia” for health professionals and decision-makers in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors on 28
Attended and Contributed 5 International Meetings in 2016
New! The Chapter members Dr. Dorj G., et al, attended and contributed to five international meetings:
1. Current Management and Associated Risks of Pediatric Patients Diagnosed with Community-Acquired Pneumonia (CAP) in Mongolia. American Thoracic Society 2016 International Conference, May 13-18, 2016, San Francisco. http://www.atsjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1164/ajrccm-conference.2016.193.1_MeetingAbstracts.A2120
2. Pharmaceutical HTA and Drug Reimbursement Process in Mongolia. Health Technology Assessment International, Annual Meeting, Tokyo, Japan, 10-14 May, 2016. https://issuu.com/htai/docs/tokyo-htai_abstracts_20160512-may13
3. The Assessment of the Implementation of the National Strategy on Antimicrobial Resistance and Rational Use of Antibiotics in Mongolia. European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID), Amsterdam Holland, 9-12 April, 2016.
4. Influence of Air Pollution on Some Pregnancy Outcomes and Burden of Pneumonia on Children under Five Years Old in Mongolia. ISPOR 19th Annual European Congress, Vienna, Austria http://www.ispor.org/Event/ProgramList/2016Vienna?type=Poster
5. Prospective Study of The Incidence, Nature and Causes of Dispensing Errors in Community Pharmacies of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. ISPOR 7th Asia-Pacific Conference, Singapore, 3-6 September, 2016 http://www.ispor.org/Event/ProgramList/2016Singapore?type=Poster&sess=I&acode=PHP
Activities in the Antimicrobial Resistance Awareness Week
The ISPOR Mongolia Chapter also held workshops and discussion meetings with various stakeholders, conducted online interactive lessons for clinicians and community during the Antimicrobial Resistance Awareness Week, 11-14 November, 2016.
|President||Ganbat Byambaa, MD, MPH, MHSM, PhD|
|President-Elect||Dr Gereltuya Dorj|
|Treasurer||Prof Tsetsegmaa Sanjjav|
Mongolian ISPOR Book of Terms
2012 Mongolia Chapter Nationwide Seminar
Professor Ganbat attended Asia Consortium Business Meeting in Baltimore, MD, USA in 2011