Workshop on Perspectives on Health Economics in New Zealand
17 October 2019 - 9:00AM - 3:30 PM
Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand
ISPOR New Zealand Chapter will be hosting a workshop on “Perspectives on Health Economics in New Zealand” on 17 October 2019, 9:00AM - 3:30PM at Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand. Key topics will include “Using Real-World Data for Precision Medicine: Where do Patient Preferences play a Role?”, patient-centered healthcare, healthcare funding and reimbursement decisions, utility measures, and others.
For more information, please view the Workshop Flier.
ISPOR New Zealand Chapter Announces New Leadership Board
The leadership for ISPOR New Zealand Chapter as of May 2019 is as follows:
- President: Trudy Sullivan, PhD, Dunedin School of Medicine, and Lecturer, University of Otago
- Past President: James Harris, MPhil
- Treasurer: Carsten Schousboe, Senior Health Economist, PHARMAC
- Secretary: Anita Fitzgerald, Scientific Research Consultant, York Health Economics Consortium
- Committee Member: Christopher Carswell, MSc, Editor in Chief, PharmacoEconomics
- Committee Member: Susan Francis, Junior Health Economist, Liggins Institute, University of Auckland
- Committee Member: Pasquale Gargiulo, Associate Medical Director, Pfizer NZ
- Committee member: Carlo Marra, Dean, School of Pharmacy, University of Otago
- Committee Member: Richard Milne, Managing Director, Health Outcomes Associates Ltd
- Committee Member: Mike Picot, Health Economist, Roche NZ
- Committee Member: Ross Wilson, Research Fellow, Centre for Musculoskeletal Outcomes Research, University of Otago
- Committee Member: William Leung, Senior Lecturer in Health Economics, University of Otago
Past Chapter Activities
Health Technology Assessment and New Zealand Chapter Annual General Meeting
Wednesday April 18, 2018
The Annual Meeting of the ISPOR New Zealand Chapter was held Wednesday, April 18, 2018. This meeting featured two speakers on practical use of health technology assessment in New Zealand, and two speakers on measuring and understanding people’s preferences for health states to inform clinical and funding decisions.
Morning tea is available for early arrivals and lunch is included in the registration fee.
Trudy Sullivan (Secretary) and James Harris (President)
for the Committee of the NZ Chapter of ISPOR
ISPOR New Zealand Chapter Meeting - New Zealand HTA: Local Data and Tools
August 3, 2017, Wellington, New Zealand
The opening address by the Minister of Health, Hon. Dr, Jonathan Coleman: "How the New Zealand government prioritises funding for health services", will start the afternoon presentations.
From there, four talented presenters will give a comprehensive overview of conducting "Health Technology Assessments in New Zealand" using relevant local data and tools. Briefly, topics being covered are:
- The use of interactive league tables to sort and rank interventions
- Measuring welfare to inform health policy
- The casemix environment, DRGs and costs
- The practical application of local data to the HTA process
This meeting is suitable for anyone interested in Health Technology Assessments in New Zealand.
New Zealand Regional Chapter Office
c/o Dr Trudy Sullivan
Department of Preventative and Social Medicine, Dunedin School of Medicine, University of Otago
PO BOX 56 Dunedin
Dunedin, New Zealand 9054
|President||Trudy Sullivan, PhD |
|Past-President||James Harris, MPhil|