Chapter Participation at Key Events
- India's first Patient Access Summit
- Dr Amit Dang was called upon for industry stakeholders' meeting to discuss the progress of health technology assessment (HTA) in India on 26 February 2019 at New Delhi, under the Chairmanship of Joint Secretary, Shri. V.K. Gauba, Department of Health Research.
- Dr Amit Dang was invited as a speaker and panelist for a very close group workshop on "Integrating Methods of Pharmacoeconomics to Accelerate Transformation of Healthcare in India (IMPACT)" with the objective to sensitize stakeholders on the application of pharmacoeconomics principles in decision making process of healthcare products to expand access to quality medicines. It was organised by Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on 12 March 2019.
Ms Dimple Arora presented on the "Scope and Sources of RWE and Importance of Data Sharing in Healthcare" at a 1-day "Orientation Program on Health Technology Assessment" on 25 January 2019 at AMTZ zone, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Dr Amit Dang presented on "Comparative Effectiveness Research" for the attendees of orientation program.
Mr. Mahendra Rai presented on "Health Economics and Outcomes Research in India: Scope" and "Cost-effectiveness Analysis and Cost Utility Trials" along with hands-on training experience with Mr. Sunil Singh on "Using Multi-criteria Decision Analysis in Health Care Decision Making: Approaches and Applications" at Canvas of Clinical Pharmacology Workshop 28th January to 1st February, 2019, Organized and Conducted by Department of Clinical Pharmacology Seth GSMC and KEMH, Mumbai. Ms. Richa Rai on other hand took lectures on "Cost-minimization and Cost Consequence Analysis Trials" and "Budget Impact Assessment" in the same conference.
Dr. Amit Dang presented on "Fundamentals of HEOR: An Industrial Perspective" and Ms. Dimple Arora shared her views on "The importance of Data in HEOR" at Annamalai University (Tamil Nadu) on 'National Seminar on HEOR: An Indian Perspective' (8-9 Feb 2019). The conference was attended by over 250 students from 15 pharmacy colleges, who got really interested in understanding the science of HEOR and its impact on Indian healthcare system. The conference also had speakers' representation from various senior officials from Ayushmann Bharat and DCGI too.
2018 ISPOR India-Mumbai Chapter Accomplishments
Dr. Amit Dang and Ms. Dimple Dang delivered a guest lecture on"The Role of Health Economics and Outcomes Research & Real World Evidence in Healthcare decision Making" and "Healthcare Outcomes Management Using Big Data Analytics" to the PGDM - Healthcare Management students of Goa Institute of Management on Feb' 13th 2018. They also recommended investing time in building a strong foundation focus on areas such as Epidemiology, Clinical trials, Genomics, Health Insurance, Patient care and Physician Practices – Academic as well as industry exposure led. The discussion included special mention of Data analytics in clinical trails, Big data in Public health, Evidence Based Medicine (EBM), Health Technology Assessment, Real world evidence and Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs). The discussion was followed by a Q&A session where the students of Healthcare Management asked our esteemed guests on various topics in Healthcare Economics and outcomes. Picture on the right.
Mr. Mahendra Rai took the presentation, "Justifying the Value Proposition: Local Value Dossiers" and Dr. Amit Dang took on "Value of Medical Affairs to HEOR" in the 2nd Indian Medical Affairs Summit, supported by ISPOR, on 10th Mar' 2018. The event was attended by over 100 medical affairs professionals from India. Picture on the right.
ISPOR India-Mumbai Chapter January 2018 Activities
- Mr. Shamshavali presented the poster "Efficacy and Safety of Donepezil in patients with Alzheimer's disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis" at CPCON 3rd International Conference on Clinical Pharmacy “New Era of Pharmacy Practice: Beyond Traditional Patient Care”, Jan 21-22, 2018, Manipal, Mangaluru, INDIA.
- Mr. Rashid presented the poster"Efficacy and Safety of Nilutamide in metastatic prostate cancer patients who underwent orchiectomy: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis" at CPCON 3rd International Conference on Clinical Pharmacy “New Era of Pharmacy Practice: Beyond Traditional Patient Care”, Jan 21-22, 2018, Manipal, Mangaluru, INDIA.
- ISPOR India - Mumbai chapter is supporting Indian Medical Affairs Summit (INMAS) 2018, a first of its kind initiative that has been undertaken in India for the cause of Medical Affairs personnel to interact, learn, share new ideas, best practices, and case studies amongst this evolving community.
ISPOR India-Mumbai Chapter President will present at ISPOR India-Mumbai and BCP Seminar
Introduction of HEOR, HTA, RWD and PRO
News! On October 7, ISPOR India-Mumbai Chapter President, Dr. Amit Dang, presented at the seminar at Bombay College of Pharmacy (BCP), Kalina, Vidyanagari, India. The following are the topics of Dr. Dang's presentations:
- Introduction to “Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR)”
- Introduction to “Health Technology Assessment (HTA) and Real World Data (RWD) methods”
- Introduction to “Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) Methods”
India-Mumbai Regional Chapter Office
Ramai Mansion, 1st Floor, Plot No. 6, Bonkode, Sector 12A
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 400709
|President||Amit Dang, MD Pharmacology|
|President-Elect||Mahendra Rai, M. Pharm|
|Secretary||Akash Khobragade, MD Pharmacology|
|Treasurer||Dimple Arora, MTech|
|Director||Sunil Singh, MBA Healthcare Administration|
Dr Amit Dang and Ms Dimple Dang presented at the Goa Institute of Management in February 2018.
Dr Mahendra Rai and Dr Amit Dang presented at the 2nd Indian Medical Affairs Summit in March 2018.
Indian Medical Affairs Summit (INMAS) 2018