The Society Continued to Advance Its Mission During a Challenging Year
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—May 11, 2021—ISPOR—The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research announced that its 2020 annual report has been published. During an extremely challenging year marked by the global COVID-19 pandemic, ISPOR continued to advance its mission to improve healthcare decisions. During 2020 the Society:
Responded to the Pandemic Crisis
ISPOR responded swiftly and decisively to the COVID-19 crisis by rapidly pivoting to triage initiatives and activities, transition in-person conferences and events to virtual, and transform itself by planning to move ISPOR through and beyond the pandemic.
Implemented Conferences and Events Virtually
The Society implemented its planned conferences, summits, and other events virtually, including ISPOR 2020, ISPOR Asia Pacific 2020, ISPOR-FDA Summit 2020, ISPOR Payer Summit 2020, ISPOR Europe 2020, and the ISPOR Short Course Program, while educational and webinar offerings were expanded tenfold—all in response to the pandemic.
Published Its Journals
ISPOR continued to publish its journals, Value in Health and Value in Health Regional Issues, in addition to its HEOR magazine, Value & Outcomes Spotlight. It also published its Top 10 HEOR Trends report.
Executed on its Strategic Plan Update 2024
ISPOR executed a number of key strategic responses stemming from its Strategic Plan Update 2024:
- The Science Strategy was developed and refined
- The Digital Product Transformation Initiative was established
- The launch of a number of pandemic-focused offerings, including a COVID-19 News page, a COVID-19 Member Community, a series of webinars, and hundreds of related conference sessions and posters
- The first-ever Payer Summit was held
- The Real-World Evidence Transparency Initiative continued its work and published a new paper
- Major initiatives related to health technology assessment, payer engagement, and patient engagement advanced
- Significant improvements in ISPOR conferences’ speaker diversity were achieved
- Published 8 new Good Practices Reports and other ISPOR Reports
- Organized many virtual events, such as roundtables, as well as countless member group meetings
- Continued work by ISPOR global networks and member groups, making significant strides in contributing to ISPOR’s mission
“ISPOR acknowledges and thanks all of its members and the diverse group of stakeholders who have helped achieve many important milestones over the past year,” stated ISPOR CEO and Executive Director Nancy S. Berg. “The global HEOR community—ISPOR’s members—make a vital difference in healthcare. The COVID-19 crisis has highlighted how essential the contribution of the HEOR community is to addressing healthcare’s challenges.”
The full annual report can be downloaded here.
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Website | LinkedIn | Twitter (@ispororg) | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram