June 10 Virtual Summit to Highlight New Insights, Approaches, and Applications in Value Assessment
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—May 24, 2021—ISPOR—The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research announced today its upcoming ISPOR Summit 2021: Value Assessment. The Summit is themed “Value Assessment: New Insights, Approaches, and Applications” and will be held on June 10.
ISPOR Summit 2021: Value Assessment will provide a multistakeholder perspective on value assessment, including recent developments in the incorporation of uncertainty and risk aversion into value measures, covering both the underlying methods and some case examples. The Summit will also feature recent work expanding the use of patient and societal considerations in value assessment, as well as the latest thinking and future innovations from key decision makers about the use of novel elements of value and threshold modifiers. Speakers will include:
- Alan J. Balch, PhD; Patient Advocate Foundation and National Patient Advocate Foundation
- Jennifer Bright, MPA; IVI Innovation and Value Initiative
- Josh J. Carlson, PhD, MPH; University of Washington
- Richard Cookson, PhD; University of York
- Jessica Daw, PharmD; Sentara Health Plans
- Louis P. Garrison, Jr, PhD; University of Washington
- Darius Lakdawalla, PhD; University of Southern California
- Steven (Steve) D. Pearson, MD, MSc; Institute for Clinical and Economic Review
- Edmund Pezalla, MD, MPH; Enlightenment Bioconsult
- Shelby Reed, PhD, RPh; Duke University
- Jason Shafrin, PhD; FTI Consulting
- Adrian Towse, MA, MPhil; Office of Health Economics
- Richard J. Willke, PhD; ISPOR—The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research
“ISPOR Summit 2021 will center on a number of important innovations in value assessment,” stated ISPOR’s Chief Science Officer Richard J. Willke, PhD. “The Summit will explore expanding the use of patient and societal considerations, incorporating uncertainty and risk aversion, and including value assessment in the healthcare decision-making process.”
ISPOR Summits provide high quality program content focused on a specific HEOR topic or geographic region. The number of ISPOR Summits is being increased this year to expand the availability of virtual programming for the global HEOR community. The ISPOR Latin America Summit 2021 is scheduled for 30 September and 1 October. Newly announced Summits will be posted as they become available here. Additional information on ISPOR Summit 2021 can be found here and the Society’s work on value assessment can be found here.
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Website | LinkedIn | Twitter (@ispororg) | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram