The Society’s Annual European Conference will be Held 12-15 November in Copenhagen, Denmark
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—September 25, 2023—ISPOR—The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research announced the plenary sessions and speakers for ISPOR Europe 2023. The conference is the leading global conference in Europe for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and is scheduled for 12-15 November in Copenhagen, Denmark with the theme, “Health Economics and Outcomes Research at the Nexus of Policy and Science.”
Plenary sessions for ISPOR Europe 2023 include the following with speakers added to the online program as they are confirmed:
Plenary 1: European Health Data Space – Real-World Evidence Put to Work for Public Health
Monday, 13 November 2023
This session will explore the proposed European Health Data Space that supports individuals taking control of their own health data, in addition to the use of health data for better healthcare delivery, better research, innovation, and policy making. It also “enables the European Union to make full use of the potential offered by a safe and secure exchange, use, and reuse of health data.” The plenary will offer multiple perspectives on the political vision and realities of a European Health Data Space. Speakers include:
- Moderator: Steffen Thirstrup, MD, PhD; European Medicines Agency; Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Markus Kalliola, MSc, MSocSc; The Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra; Helsinki, Finland
- Trine Pilgaard, MSc; Pfizer; Ballerup, Denmark
- Patrice Verpillat, MD, MPH, PhD; European Medicines Agency; Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Petra Wilson, PhD; Health Connect Partners, FTI Consulting; Brussels, Belgium
Plenary 2: The New Pharma Legislation Proposal: The Good, the Bad, or the …?
Tuesday, 14 November 2023This session will discuss the proposal that the European Commission adopted for the revision of the European Union pharmaceutical legislation that aims to create a future proof regulatory framework and to support the promotion of research and technologies that fulfill patients’ therapeutic needs while addressing market failures. The panel will also discuss how and where HEOR might help with identified shortcomings or omissions in the new proposal. Speakers include:
- Moderator: Anja Schiel, PhD; Norwegian Medicines Agency; Oslo, Norway
- Denis Lacombe, MD; European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer; Brussels, Belgium
- Gloria Ghequiere, MEUS; Belgian Federal Government; Brussels, Belgium
- Yannis Natsis, MA; European Public Health Alliance; Brussels, Belgium
- Johan Pontén, MA; Medicine Evaluation Committee; Stockholm, Sweden
Plenary 3: The Calm Before the Storm? Delivering the New Reality for EU Health Technology Assessment
Wednesday, 15 November 2023
This session will focus on the European Union’s health technology assessment (HTA) regulation that was adopted in January 2022 and applies as of January 2025. One of the most publicly visible components of the new regulation will be the Joint Clinical Assessments (JCAs). Panelists will discuss what the various stakeholders require of each other and how they can collectively address the anticipated challenges to ensure a smooth adoption of the new regulation. Speakers include:
- Moderator: Adrian Griffin, MSc; Johnson & Johnson; Buckinghamshire, England, UK
- Roisin Adams, MPharm, MSC, PhD; National Centre for Pharmacoeconomics & Discipline of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Trinity College Dublin; Dublin, Ireland
- Greg Rossi, PhD; AstraZeneca, Cambridge, England, UK
- Bettina Ryll, MD, PhD; Melanoma Patient Network Europe and Past Chair of the Patient Advocates Working Group, European Society for Medical Oncology; Uppsala, Sweden
- Jose Valverde, MD; European Commission; Brussels, Belgium
The ISPOR Short Course Program is also being offered immediately prior to ISPOR Europe 2023 on 12 November with a wide variety of courses that range from introductory to advanced levels. All short courses do require a separate registration fee. The ISPOR Short Course Program also offers some courses virtually and the entire directory of available courses can be found here.
ISPOR is recognized globally as the leading professional society for health economics and outcomes research and for its role in improving healthcare decisions. ISPOR Europe 2023 draws healthcare stakeholders with an interest in HEOR, including researchers and academicians, assessors and regulators, payers and policymakers, the life sciences industry, healthcare providers, and patient engagement organizations.
Additional information on the conference can be found at:
Conference Microsite | Program | Conference News Center | Press | Exhibits & Sponsorship
ISPOR—The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Website | LinkedIn | Twitter (@ispororg) | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram