Model Constitution of an ISPOR Student Chapter
Article 1: Name
The name of this organization should be the International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research Student Chapter at (name of academic institution), herein referred to as ISPOR-SC.
Article 2: Mission
The mission of the ISPOR-SC is to:
Provide an environment where students can share knowledge in pharmacoeconomics and health outcomes research.
- Serve as a bridge in bringing together students interested in pharmacoeconomics and members of the pharmaceutical industry, health-related organizations, and academia.
- Act as a resource for new students interested in pharmacoeconomics and outcomes research.
- Provide an opportunity for student chapter members to become familiar with the affairs of ISPOR as well as have representation in its affairs.
Article 3: Affiliation
- This ISPOR-SC will maintain affiliation as a component chapter of the International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR).
Article 4: Membership
- Membership should be open to any undergraduate or graduate student at any health-related academic institution.
- At least three of the officers will be ISPOR members.
- ISPOR-SC members are encouraged to be ISPOR student members.
Article 5: Organization
- The ISPOR-SC Executive Committee should have at least the following officers: President, President-elect, Secretary/Treasurer. The duties and responsibilities should be as defined in Article 7.
- ISPOR-SC Executive Committee members must be ISPOR Student Members.
- The active members of ISPOR-SC should elect the ISPOR-SC executive committee officers. Elections should be held in April of each year according to the rules and procedures outlined in Article 8.
- The ISPOR-SC executive officers should hold their respective positions for a term of one year, or for the remainder of a term when filling a vacancy.
- A faculty member will be asked to serve as the Faculty Advisor, and will oversee the activities of the student chapter. The Faculty Advisor should be a member of ISPOR.
- A person who is not in good academic standing in the academic institution should not be elected to hold an ISPOR-SC office.
Article 6: Procedures
- ISPOR-SC should be governed by this constitution.
- ISPOR-SC should be a recognized student organization of the academic institution.
- ISPOR-SC should hold general meetings during the academic year. Special executive meetings should be held at the discretion of the executive officers.
- Any member or officer of the ISPOR-SC may initiate a constitutional amendment. Procedures for amending this Constitution are outlined in Article 9.
- Each ISPOR-SC executive officer or member should exercise one vote. In the event of a tie, the Faculty Advisor should cast the deciding vote.
Article 7: Duties of Officers
Each officer should be elected for a term of one year.
The President of ISPOR-SC should:
- Connduct and preside over all meeting of ISPOR-SC.
- Represent ISPOR-SC when called upon to do so.
- Appoint an individual to any office that becomes vacant subject to the ISPOR-SC Executive Committee approval.
- The office of the President should be open to any active member of ISPOR-SC.
- Provide a report of activities and financial transaction to the ISPOR Board of Directors annually prior to the ISPOR Annual Meeting.
The President-elect of ISPOR-SC should:
- Succeed to the office of the President upon completion of a one-year term of President-elect.
- Conduct and preside over all meetings of ISPOR-SC in the absence of the President.
- Assist the President with the responsibilities of ISPOR-SC.
- The office should be open to any active member of ISPOR-SC.
The Secretary of ISPOR-SC should:
- Record the minutes of ISPOR-SC meetings. An official copy of the minutes should be kept in the ISPOR-SC records and a copy mailed to the ISPOR Executive Director at: ISPOR, 505 Lawrence Square Blvd. South, Lawrenceville NJ 08648 or email to: email@example.com.
- Handle ISPOR-SC correspondence as necessary.
- Be responsible for any financial transactions of ISPOR-SC.
- Keep and maintain the ISPOR-SC records
- Keep and make available to the members of ISPOR-SC and the ISPOR Board of Directors a record of all monies received and spent by ISPOR-SC.
- Report the financial status of ISPOR-SC at meetings.
- Assist the President in the preparation of an annual budget.
- Oversee the financial activities of ISPOR-SC.
- The office should be open to any active member of ISPOR-SC.
Article 8: Election Procedures
- The active members of ISPOR-SC should elect the ISPOR-SC executive officers.
- The ISPOR-SC Executive Committee (President, President-elect, and Secretary/Treasurer) should appoint an Election Committee.
- The Election Committee should solicit nominations. ISPOR-SC members may nominate other members or nominate themselves for any available office. All nominees should be informed about their nomination. If a nominee accepts the nomination, he/she should provide a brief description of him/herself.
- Elections should be held in April. Results should be determined by a count of ballots. In the event of a tie, the ISPOR-SC President will cast the deciding vote. The Election Committee should notify the winners of the election.
- The new ISPOR-SC President should inform the ISPOR Board of Directors of the newly elected officers. The names of the newly elected officers should be sent to the ISPOR office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 9: Amendments
- Any active member or officer of ISPOR-SC may propose constitutional amendments.
- A proposed amendment to this or new Constitution should become binding after receiving a two-thirds majority of the total voting membership of ISPOR-SC.
- Any proposed amendment should be presented to the ISPOR Board of Directors for final approval.
Article 10: Indemnification
ISPOR-C will indemnify ISPOR from liability for injury or damage, cost or expense resulting from or which arises out of or in connection with the use by ISPOR-SC of the ISPOR name, logo, or arising from the relationship or affiliation between the parties.
ISPOR Student Network
ISPOR Student Membership
Are you interested in starting a student chapter at your university?
Please contact StudentNetwork@ispor.org