Annesha White PhD, MS, PharmD
Assistant Dean for Assessment, UNT System,
College of Pharmacy
Fort Worth, TX, USA
Sandipan Bhattacharjee PhD, MS
Assistant Professor, University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ, USA
Jorge Luis Acosta-Reyes MD, MSc, Full time Professor, Universidad del Norte, Puerto, Colombia, Barranquilla, Colombia
Zeba M. Khan PhD, RPh, MS, Vice President, Celgene Corporation, Summit, NJ, USA
Laura Pizzi RPh, PharmD, MPH, Professor, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ, USA
Adina Turcu-Stiolica PhD, Assist.Prof. Faculty of Pharmacy, Craiova, Romania
Kamilah Rashid PharmD, Senior Associate, Avalere Health LLC, Washington DC USA
Eman Biltaji MS, BSc Graduate Student/ Research Assistant, University of Utah, Pharmacotherapy Outcomes Research Center,
Salt Lake City UT USA
One of the most highly discussed goals of the faculty advisors over the past year has been the development of a fellowship and internship inventory/database. Recognizing that the field of HEOR is growing, ISPOR launched its new interactive job board in April 2016 with a vision and commitment to our student members and new professionals to assist them in finding fellowships and internships. Posting a fellowship or internship position is available to organizations free of charge at 90-day increments. The ISPOR Career Center is the central location for expansion of this type of employment opportunity. Fellowships and internships integrate with all employment postings and have the same benefits.
Prior to July 2016, all fellowships were available through the ISPOR Education Department. Response to this database was limited and internships were not included in this database and were only available on the Career Center site.
- Define fellowships and internships and post descriptions on ISPOR Career Center site.
- Develop a Hub page to ensure Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Create 2 new temporary student positions to search for organizations that provide fellowships and internships in order to create a database of these organizations
- Send requests to researched organizations to post their new positions
- Develop a plan to systematically reach new organizations that provide fellowships and internships on a monthly basis and a renewal plan for existing organizations
- Propose a Student Forum to the Student Network to share best practices and experiences in securing fellowships and internships hosted by both experienced students and preceptors.
- Provide an article on ISPOR fellowships and internships for the ISPOR Value and Outcomes Spotlight.