ISPOR Student Travel Grant Another Student Member Benefit!
The ISPOR Student Travel Grant is established for student members to receive financial support to attend an ISPOR meeting. ISPOR meetings include ISPOR Annual International Meetings, ISPOR Annual European Congresses, ISPOR Asia-Pacific Conferences, and ISPOR Latin America Conferences. The goal of the ISPOR Student Travel Grant is to enhance the science of pharmacoeconomics / health economics and outcomes research and its use in health care decisions.
- The candidate must be active members of ISPOR
- The candidate for an ISPOR Regional Conference will be given preference if the individual is from that region.
- The candidate cannot receive 2 consecutive travel grants. (Example: If you were awarded a Student Travel Grant for the Annual International Meeting you are not eligible to receive one for the Annual International Meeting the next year.)
The candidates are scored on a 50-point scale as given below:
- Statement of Intent: How will attending the ISPOR Meeting/Congress/Conference selected benefit your academic/professional career? (15 points)
- Geographic location: Are you from the region that the meeting is being held in? (5 points).
- Candidates ability to contribute to the ISPOR Student Network (Form a student chapter or coordinate student activities at Meetings/Congress/Conferences (10 points)
- Submitted an abstract for the Meeting/Congress/Conference (10 points).
- Abstract accepted for the Meeting/Congress/Conference (10 points).
The grantee of the ISPOR Student Travel Grant receives the following to attend an ISPOR meeting:
- A complimentary registration to the ISPOR meeting
- A complimentary ISPOR Short Course registration (up to 4 courses per meeting)
- Up to US $1,300 for airfare (coach), transportation, and lodging expenses for Annual & European Congress.
Up to US $1,100 for airfare (coach), transportation, and lodging expenses for Latin America and Asia-Pacific Conferences.
- NOTE: ALL RECEIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE EVENT TO BE REIMBURSED. EACH RECIPIENT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR BOOKING THEIR
OWN HOTEL AND FLIGHTS. ISPOR DOES NOT RELEASE FUNDS NOR BOOK FLIGHTS OR ACCOMODATIONS PRIOR TO ANY MEETING.
- ISPOR Student Travel Grant application submission deadline is 3 months prior to an ISPOR meeting;
- ISPOR Student Travel Grant grantees are determined 2 months prior to an ISPOR meeting.
- ISPOR Student Travel Grants are promoted through the ISPOR Student Network, e-Bulletin, ISPOR website, and Social Media.
- ISPOR Student Travel Grant Awardees will be announced on the ISPOR website and on Social Media.
- ISPOR Student Travel Awardees may be contacted for a testimonial for receiving a Student Travel Grant.
- The ISPOR Student Travel Grant Committee consists of 3 members (Student Network Chair, Past Student Network Chair, and Student Network Advisor)
- The Committee is responsible for the selection of up to 30 Awardees for the ISPOR Annual Meeting, 10 Awardees for the ISPOR European Congress, 10 Awardees for ISPOR Latin-America Conference, and 10 Awardees for the Asia-Pacific Conference.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ISPOR Travel Grant Recipients »
ISPOR Student Network Main Page