Why Form an ISPOR Student Chapter?
ISPOR Student Network Initiatives
- Increase participation in ISPOR activities
- Enhance knowledge sharing in the field of HEOR
- Bringing together academia, industry, and government
- Act as a forum for the presentation of innovative ideas
- Create awareness of the latest advances in HEOR
- Provide opportunities for professional development
- Familiarization with and contribution to the ISPOR society
HEOR = health economics and outcomes research
Why Form An ISPOR Student Chapter? - Spanish
Why Form An ISPOR Student Chapter? - Hindi
Why Form An ISPOR Student Chapter? - Chinese
Why Form An ISPOR Student Chapter? - Arabic
Why Form An ISPOR Student Chapter? - Italian
Why Form An ISPOR Student Chapter? - Korean
Why Form An ISPOR Student Chapter? - Persian (Farsi)
Why Form An ISPOR Student Chapter? - Portuguese
Why Form An ISPOR Student Chapter? - Turkish
- Developing your social network
- Building your professional network
- Obtaining leadership experience
- Developing professional skills
- A lot of fun!
- Participation in ISPOR activities
- Preparation for life after education
- Access to ISPOR resources: Webinars, Internship & Fellowship Directories, Travel Grants, Dymaximum, Discounts
Value for: Institutions
- International exposure
- Worldwide recognition
"Initiating an ISPOR Student Chapter provided me with valuable experience that I wouldn't have obtained otherwise! Connecting with the ISPOR society really helped in being globally connected to others working in the field of HEOR!"
Five steps towards an ISPOR Student Chapter
Step 1: Institutional support
- Faculty Advisor to supervise Leaders
- Endorsement by the institution e.g. Faculty or Department
Step 2: Board constitution
- Chapter Leaders are ISPOR Members
- Required: President, Treasurer, Secretary
- Treasurer or Secretary is Vice-president
- Optional: Separate Vice-president
Step 3: Document preparation
- Complete the application and provide: Letter of intent, institutional approval letter, names of Chapter Leaders, Faculty Advisor CV, and constitution
Step 4: Chapter application
- E-mail the required documents from STEP 3 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Congratulations! Your ISPOR Student Chapter application has been submitted
Step 5: Getting started
- Be appointed to a Mentor Student Chapter
- Organize events and apply for grants
- Participate in Chapter President calls
- Access the President Resource Center
- The Chapter Development Committee is there to guide you through the application process.
- When finding support within your institution, ask for some basic resources to get the chapter going.
- Discuss how finances can be arranged, so that you will be able to receive and provide funding.
- Templates for all required documents are provided online and by the Chapter Development Committee.