- Upcoming Conferences
- ISPOR Europe 2018
- ISPOR Summit 2018
- ISPOR Dubai 2018
- ISPOR Asia Pacific 2018
- ISPOR 2018
- ISPOR Europe 2017
- ISPOR Latin America 2017
- ISPOR Asia Pacific 2016
- Submit Abstract
- Exhibits & Sponsorships
- Awards & Grants
Education & Training
- In-Person Training
- Introduction to Outcomes Research
- Introduction to Systematic Reviews & Meta-Analysis
- Systematic Review & Meta-Analysis: Applications
- Introduction to Pharmacoeconomics
- Cost-of-Illness/Cost-Estimation (COI/CE)
- Cost-Minimization/Cost-Consequence (CMA/CCA)
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis (CEA) and Cost-Utility Analysis (CUA)
- Modeling Health Care Costs – Part I: Characteristics of Health Care Costs
- Modeling Health Care Costs – Part II: Methods and Guidelines for Estimating Health Care Costs
- Modeling Health Care Costs – Part III: Estimation from Censored Data
- Introduction to Budget Impact Analysis (BIA) - Part I
- Introduction to Budget Impact Analysis (BIA) - Part II
- Markov Model Toolkit: Concepts, Assumptions and Examples
- An Introduction to Choice-Based Conjoint Analysis (Discrete Choice Experiments)
- Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQOL) – Basics
- Patient Reported Outcomes: Analysis and Interpretation
- Patient Reported Outcomes: Instrument Development
- Item Response Theory: A Conceptual Introduction
- Preparing for Multinational Clinical Trials: Translation and Cultural Adaptations of PRO Measures
- Evidence Generation for Patient Reported Outcome (PRO) Label Claims (FDA Requirements)
- Intermediate Retrospective Observational Study - Propensity Scoring Methods
- Use of Public Survey Data in Health Outcomes Research
- Distance Learning
ISPOR MEMBERS ONLY Educational Webinar: Prove it with PROs?
January 24, 2019
11:00 AM EDT - 1 hour in duration
Click here for time zone conversion
Speakers: Anke van Engen, Yvonne-Beatrice Boehler, Stefan Holmstrom, Finn Boerlum Kristensen
Health Technology Assessment (HTA) bodies worldwide recognize the importance of demonstrating the impact of new drugs on patient-relevant outcomes (PRO). However, to date PRO data has had a limited impact on HTA decision-making. The webinar will discuss the path forward to increase the value of PRO data to inform HTA decision-making. PRO data is increasingly included in HTA submissions, but is rarely a decision driver. The extent to which PROs are being assessed, and the influence the data has on HTA recommendations, varies between HTA bodies as their data requirements and assessment methods differ.
This webinar will feature four expert panelists, who will lead you through essential aspects of “proving it with PROs”.
What You Will Learn:
- Anke van Engen, MSc, IQVIA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, will first describe the impact of PRO data in HTAs in different therapeutic areas and different countries. IQWiG has clear guidelines on the assessment of PRO data and Germany is one the exceptions where the impact of PRO data on HTA decision-making is more transparent.
- Yvonne-Beatrice Boehler, MD, MBA, TH Koeln, University of Applied Sciences, Leverkusen Germany, will present IQWiG’s methodology for assessing symptoms and functional scales; highlight common issues seen with the submitted PRO data and set out what manufacturers need to do in order to be successful.
- Stefan Holmstrom, Astellas, Leiden, The Netherlands, will offer the industry perspective, discussing an example highlighting some of the key challenges in convincing HTA bodies of patient-relevant improvements and illustrating that better guidance from HTA bodies is required. The industry also must present evidence in a more user-friendly format.
- Finn Boerlum Kristensen, MD, PhD, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark, will present the value assessment of the patient and social aspects in the Core Model developed by EUnetHTA and argue that there can be more consensus and emphasis on PROs by including them more prominently in the HTA Core Model.
The audience will be invited to share their thoughts on how to increase the impact of PROs on HTA decisions and share best practices in collecting and assessing PRO data.
This is a Members ONLY webinar.
Members will receive an official member invitation via Email.
Not a member?
Anke van Engen, MSc
Senior Principal, Consulting Services
Yvonne-Beatrice Boehler, MD, MBA
Vice Dean and Professor for Science and Knowledge Transfer Specialty
University of Applied Sciences
Stefan Holmstrom, BSc, MSc
HTA Strategy and PRO excellence, Head
Leiden, The Netherlands
Finn Boerlum Kristensen, MD, PhD
Professor in Health Services Research and HTA
Health Sciences Dept.
University of Southern Denmark
Please note: On the day of the scheduled webinar, the first 500 registered participants will be accepted into the webinar. For those who are unable to attend, or would like to review the webinar at a later date, the full-length webinar recording will be made available at the ISPOR Educational Webinar Series webpage approximately 2 weeks after the scheduled Webinar.
Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis for all ISPOR members.