- ISPOR 2020
- ISPOR Asia Pacific 2020
- ISPOR Europe 2020
- ISPOR-FDA Summit 2020
- ISPOR Europe 2019
- ISPOR Summit 2019
- ISPOR Latin America Summit 2019
- ISPOR Latin America 2019
- ISPOR 2019
- ISPOR Warsaw 2019
- ISPOR Europe 2018
- ISPOR Summit 2018
- ISPOR Dubai 2018
- ISPOR Asia Pacific 2018
- ISPOR 2018
- ISPOR Europe 2017
- ISPOR Latin America 2017
- ISPOR Asia Pacific 2016
- Abstract Information
- Submit Abstract
- Exhibits & Sponsorships
- Awards & Grants
- Recent Conferences
- Upcoming Conferences
Education & Training
- Short Courses
- Economic evaluation of vaccination programs
- Patient-Preference Information – What It Is and What It Is Not
- 2020 Top 10 HEOR Trends
- Adding Depth to Observational Research through Data Linkage
- New Developments of Health Technology Assessment in Asia Pacific
- Financing Epidemics: Developing an Insurance Scheme for Outbreaks in Africa
- Why and How to Use Qualitative Research Methods in Conjunction with Discrete Choice Experiments in Healthcare
- Patient Reported Outcomes in Asia Pacific: Opportunity and Challenges
- Patient Engagement in Research: An ISPOR Definition
- Assessing the Impacts of a Pandemic on Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Utilization
- Health Technology Assessment Training
This module will provide a basic understanding of the concept of health related quality of life (HRQOL) for participants with little to no knowledge of the topic. The content will place HRQOL into context with other clinical and economic outcomes measures and provide an overview of the scientific standards required for an HRQOL instrument to provide useful results. Examples from the published literature will be used extensively to exemplify concepts throughout the module. At the end of the module a short case study will be used to illustrate how HRQOL data can enhance clinical decision making.
By the end of the Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQOL) - Basics module, you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of Health related Quality of Life as an important patient reported outcome.
- Define the common domains of HRQOL.
- Identify the types of HRQOL instruments and know the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Understand the psychometric properties that should be evaluated before using a HRQOL instrument.
- Understand how HRQOL data can be used to inform decision making.