- All research abstract, workshop and issue panel proposal submissions and presentations must be in English.
- All research abstract, workshop and issue panel proposal submissions and presentations must not promote any product or service.
- Expenses associated with the submission and presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the presenter.
- Meeting registration is required for all presenters.
- The presenters of research are required to disclose financial support. Abstract review will NOT be based on this information.
- Research abstract, workshop and issue panel proposal submissions, excluding title and author information, should be no longer than 300 words.
- The use of tables and graphs in your research abstract submission, workshop or issue panel proposals, are not allowed.
- Generic names should be used for technologies (drugs, devices), not trade names.
- A research abstract that was accepted for another meeting and copyright has been transferred cannot be submitted to an ISPOR meeting.
- Research presented at a previous ISPOR meeting is not allowed.
- Multiple abstracts on the same study are discouraged.
RESEARCH SUBMISSION INFORMATION
- All research abstracts (except Conceptual Papers abstracts) must be organized as follows: OBJECTIVES; METHODS; RESULTS; CONCLUSIONS and must include results. Please consider these points when reviewing Conceptual Papers abstracts.
- Research on all diseases is considered. Study methods include, but are not limited to, conjoint analysis, large database analysis, quasi-experimental analysis, literature or record review, modeling, naturalistic (observational) studies, randomized clinical trials and surveys.
- Research on all health care interventions is considered including drugs, behavioral modification, disease prevention, gene therapy, medical device, screening, diagnostic procedures, dietary, health education, radiation therapy, and surgical procedures.
- Reviews or methods papers are also considered as research abstracts.
- Presented research abstracts will be published AS SUBMITTED in Value in Health. Changes to abstracts will not be accepted after the Submission Deadline; therefore, they should be carefully written and edited prior to submission.
STEP 1: TITLE
When submitting your abstract, titles must be submitted in all CAPS.
STEP 2: RESEARCH TOPICS AND SUBTOPICS FOR RESEARCH SUBMISSIONS
When submitting your abstract, you must select a topic and subtopic that best describes your research. Topic subcategories are listed after each topic below to aid in your selection.
||• Clinical Outcomes Studies (COS)
- Adverse Events (SE)
- Co-morbidities (CMB)
- Diagnosis (D)
- Efficacy/Effectiveness/Comparative Effectiveness (EE)
- Pharmacoepidemiology (PEP)
- Prevalence/Incidence (PV)
- Risk Factors/Confounding Factors (RF)
- Safety (SA)
- Survival (S)
||• Cost Studies (CS)
- Budget Impact (BI)
Cost Comparison (CC)
- Cost of Illness (CoI)
- Cost of Treatment (CoT)
- Cost-Benefit Analysis (CB)
- Cost-Consequence (CN)
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis (CE)
- Cost-Efficiency Analysis (CEE)
- Cost-Minimization Analysis (CM)
- Cost-Utility Analysis (CU)
- Health Econometrics (E)
- Productivity (PI)
- Resource Use (RU)
- Valuation (V)
||• Patient-Reported Outcomes & Patient Preference Studies (PRO)
- Health States/Utilities (HS)
- Patient Satisfaction (PS)
- Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO)
- Patient/Social Preference (PP)
- Quality-of-Life (hrQoL)
- Treatment Satisfaction (TS)
- Willingness-to-Pay (WTP)
- Work Performance (WP)
||• Health Care Use & Policy Studies (HP)
- Consumer Role in Health Care (CRH)
- Coverage with Evidence Development (CED)
- Diagnosis Related Group (DRG)
- Disease Management (DISM)
- Drug or Devices & Health Policy (DHP)
- Drug Use (DU)
- Equity, Access, Quality Improvement and Quality of Care (EAQ)
- Formulary Development/Pharmacy Benefit (FD)
- Health Care Expenditure/Resource Use (HE)
- Health Care Information (HI)
- Health Care Management (including Drug Management) (HM)
- Health Care Reimbursement (HR)
- Health Care Research (HCR)
- Health Status/Population Health (PH)
- Health Technology Assessment Programs (HTA)
- Patient Registries or Post-Marketing Studies (PR)
- Patient/Provider/Payer/Regulator/Researcher Education (PE)
- Prescribing/Reporting Behavior (PB)
- Quality of Care including Quality Improvement (QC)
- Regulation of Health Care Sector (RHS)
- Risk Sharing/Performance-Based Scheme/Agreements (RS)
- Treatment Patterns/Guidelines (TPG)
||• Research on Methods (RM)
- Clinical Outcomes Methods (COS)
- Cost Methods including CE/CB/CU, resource use, productivity, valuation and health econometrics (CS)
- Databases & Data Management Methods (DM)
- Modeling Methods (MS)
- Quality of Life/Patient Reported Outcomes/ePRO/Utility/Preference Studies including Instrument Development & Validation (QOL)
- Statistical Methods (SM)
- Study Design (SD)
||• Conceptual Papers (CP)
- Health Care & Health Policy Conceptual Papers (HCP)
- Methods Conceptual Papers (MCP)
STEP 3: PREFERRED DISEASE/DISORDER FOR RESEARCH SUBMISSIONS
Accepted research abstracts are grouped according to disease/disorder for poster presentation. When submitting your abstract, please indicate one disease/disorder to assist in assigning your abstract for poster presentation. You can choose "Multiple" if one disease does not apply.
Please note you will have the opportunity to select additional diseases/disorders to represent your research on the next submission step. This step will not apply if (1) your abstract is accepted for podium presentation or (2) your abstract is not accepted for presentation.
STEP 4: DISEASE/DISORDER FOR RESEARCH SUBMISSIONS
When submitting your abstract, you must select the DISEASE/ DISORDER that best describes your research. If no disease or multiple diseases apply to your abstract, select Multiple Diseases/No Specific Disease
- Arthritis-Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Auto-immune disorders
- Bone disorders (including Falls, Injuries, Osteoporosis, Spine Disorders)
- Cardiovascular Disease-Angina/Ischemia/Coronary Syndrome
- Cardiovascular Disease-Angioplasty
- Cardiovascular Disease-Arrhythmia
- Cardiovascular Disease-Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiovascular Disease-Congestive Heart Failure/Heart Failure
- Cardiovascular Disease-Coronary Artery Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease-Hypercholesterolemia/Hyperlipidemia
- Cardiovascular Disease-Hypertension
- Cardiovascular Disease-Left Ventricular Dysfunction (LVD)
- Cardiovascular Disease-Myocardial Infarction
- Cardiovascular Disease-Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease-Stents
- Cardiovascular Disease-Thrombosis including DVT
- Cardiovascular Disease-ALL
- Cardiovascular Disease-Other
- Dental Disorders
- Ear Diseases/Disorders
- Endocrine Disorders-Other (Pituitary Gland/Thyroid)
- Eye Diseases/Disorders
- Genetic Disorders
- GI Disorders (including Dyspepsia, GERD, Irritable Bowel, Liver, Ulcers)
- Hematological/Blood-related Disorders
- Infection (including Leg Ulcers & Bronchitis)
- Mental Health-Alcoholism/Drug Abuse
- Mental Health-Anxiety
- Mental Health-Attention Deficit Disorder
- Mental Health-Bi-Polar Disorder
- Mental Health-Dementia
- Mental Health-Depression
- Mental Health-Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Mental Health-Psychosis
- Mental Health-Schizophrenia
- Mental Health-Other
- Metabolic Disorders (not diabetes)
- Muscular-skeletal Disorders (including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- Neurological Disorders-Alzheimer's Disease
- Neurological Disorders-Cystic Fibrosis
- Neurological Disorders-Epilepsy
- Neurological Disorders-Migraine
- Neurological Disorders-Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurological Disorders-Parkinson's Disease
- Neurological Disorders-Restless Leg Syndrome
- Neurological Disorders-Sleep Disorders
- Neurological Disorders-Other
- Rare Diseases
- Respiratory Disorders (including Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease [COPD])
- Skin (including hair loss) Diseases/Disorders
- Urinary/Kidney (including Renal Disease, Irritable Bladder Syndrome)
- Multiple Diseases/No Specific Disease
STEP 5: HEALTH CARE TREATMENT FOR RESEARCH SUBMISSIONS
When submitting your abstract, you must select the HEALTH CARE TREATMENT that best describes your research.
- Health Services
- Medical Device/Diagnostics
- Personalized Medicine/Pharmacogenomics
- Physical Therapy/Exercise/Behavior Modification
- Traditional Medicine/Homeopathic Medicine
- Vaccine/Biological Product
- Veterinary Medicine
- All Treatments or NO specific treatment
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION OF RESEARCH ABSTRACTS:
Quality of study criteria (for research study or research on methods abstracts):
**Note: For studies involving data collection or analysis, the abstract will be REJECTED if RESULTS are NOT included.**
Quality of conceptual paper abstracts:
- Research design is appropriate & transparent.
- Data sources are appropriate & transparent.
- Data analyses are appropriate & transparent.
- Results ARE INCLUDED and are transparent and comprehensible.
- Conclusions are consistent with the results.
QUALITY OF THE ABSTRACT PRESENTATION CRITERIA:
- Approach to concept is apparent.
- Sufficient background information is provided.
- Practical implications/recommendations are provided.
- Conclusions or recommendations are consistent with the goal of the abstract
RESEARCH TOPIC IMPORTANCE
- Objectives/research questions are clearly stated and objectives are addressed.
- Factual information is kept separate from interpretations or implications/unbiased presentation.
- Implications/results, as presented, are easy to understand.
- Presentation appears unbiased and is not promoting a product or service.
- Please rate the importance of this subject to be included in this year’s scientific program.
Abstract Submission Instructions | 8th Asia Pacific Conference main page